FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Brexit And Its Effect On The Us
June 24, 2016
As I am sure you are aware, last night Great Britain voted to leave the European Union in a 52% to 48% vote. Although there are a number of things that we cannot predict at this time, here is what we know:
• The Dow Jones Industrial Average today opened down 500 points.
• The British Pound hit a thirty-year low, reporting at $1.37 at 9:30 a.m.
• Barclay's today was down -26%.
• Standard & Poor's may cut Britain's AAA rating.
• The flight to safety in the bond market is significant:
US 2's down -.21%
US 5's down -.285%
US 10's down -.261%
US 30's down -.20%
What questions might your audience ask?
• Will this affect my investments?
• Will this affect my retirement?
• Will this affect my investment income?
• How will this affect the local economy?
• How will this affect the local jobs market?
Wm Eric Bishoff CFP®, President & CEO of The Bishoff Financial Group, is a Certified Financial PlannerTM professional and has been in the financial services industry for two decades. His company works with business owners and families in 28 states with a concentration here in Central Ohio.
If you need assistance in addressing this topic – or any topic in areas of finance, the economy, and small business – please don't hesitate to reach out to our
Director of Communications